Thursday, August 29, 2013

On our way

The visas are in our hands!  Bags are packed and we're ready to go!

God has been so faithful.  He has heard and answered your prayers.  Last night at about 9pm we found out that the visas had been issued and were in the hands of Fed Ex.  This morning at 9:30 they were at our door.  I was quite nervous before that time.  I mean, Mark and I would still have gone, but I really want Mom and Emma with us.  That was way too close for comfort. 

So here's the schedule of events for the next few weeks and then the next several posts may just be pictures.
Friday, August 30th  Fly Orlando to Detroit to Beijing, arrive August 31st
Sunday, September 1st  Fly to Taiyuan
Monday, September 2nd  Elsie will be in our care
Tuesday, September 3rd  Adoption day, she officially becomes a Fertig
Wednesday-Thursday, play in Taiyuan, hopefully with an opportunity to visit the orphanage
Friday, September 6th  Fly to Guangzhou
Saturday, September 7th  Mandatory medical check-up
Sunday-Monday  Play in Guangzhou
Tuesday, September 10th  Consulate appointment to apply for Elsie's American visa
Wednesday, September 11th  pick up the visa and fly to Beijing
Thursday, September 12th  Fly Beijing to Seattle to Orlando

That's a lot of traveling.  We know Emma is a pretty good traveler, but we have no idea how Elsie will do.  We're thankful we have Grandma along who worked in a preschool for over ten years!


No comments: